European Financial Management Association
2023 Annual Meetings
June 28 - July 1, 2023
Cardiff Business School, Cardiff University, UK.
Hope this finds you well. Greetings from Cardiff!
With the EFMA 2023 Conference approaching fast, we are eagerly waiting to welcome you at Cardiff Business School. Here are a few points that may be helpful to you in the coming days:
1. Firstly, we hope your travel to and from Cardiff goes smoothly. To our knowledge, there are no disruptions in the train service between Cardiff, London and other major cities.
You can check the latest status of the rail network here: https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/status-and-disruptions/
2. If you are flying into Heathrow, an alternative to train would be to take the direct bus from Heathrow to Cardiff: https://www.nationalexpress.com/en/airports/heathrow/cardiff-to-heathrow
3. The Conference is held in the Postgraduate Teaching Centre (or PTC) of Cardiff Business School, located at Colum Drive, Cardiff CF10 3EU. You can see the exact location here: https://goo.gl/maps/hkj8bBtWv4DqkTz7A
4. For commuting within Cardiff, you can use the public transport network as well as Uber and local taxis such as Dragon Taxis.
5. The weather in Cardiff seems pleasant at the moment and thankfully the heatwave appears to be over. We are expecting temperatures in the 15-20 degrees Celsius range although this could change of course.
6. In case you are driving, please note there is limited public parking available at the university itself, but there is sufficient on-street parking on adjacent streets, and there are a number of public carparks within walking distance.
7. Please do not forget to bring your presentation on a USB stick and load on to the computer in advance of your session. We recommend the PDF format to avoid any compatibility issues.
8. The Conference programme will be available in print for you to collect but please note that there have been some minor changes since the programme has gone to print. The file on the conference website is the latest version for your information: https://www.efmaefm.org/0EFMAMEETINGS/EFMA%20ANNUAL%20MEETINGS/2023-UK/EFMA2023DetailedProgram.pdf
9. We would be grateful if you could please tag or mention EFMA and Cardiff Business School in your social media posts about the Conference. You can use hashtag #EFMA2023.
Many thanks to you all, and we look forward to a stimulating exchange of ideas during the Conference this week.
EFMA 2023 Chairs
Onur, Arman, Lana